Executive Chairman of 365 Aviation & Owner of Lime Samui Villas
Businessman, Entrepreneur & Active Company Investor
Linked In Description:
A former Equity Derivatives Trader now involved in a variety of businesses either as an Owner or Active Investor spanning Private Jet Charter, Asian Hospitality, Green Energy and a Volatility Hedge Fund.
Currently focused on introducing Lime Samui Villas to the Thai market as a private luxury retreat and base to explore Samui's unspoilt west coast. www.LimeSamui.com
- Built world's largest API Marketplace with Andreessen Horowitz backed company.
- Venture Partner for Off The Grid Ventures. Raised $600k capital in my last 2 deals.
- Working on my next venture at the intersection of B2Dev + APIs (in stealth).
Gerhard Eschelbeck serves as a Vice President of Security and Privacy Engineering at Google. He is also a Board Member at NopSec. He previously served as Chief Technology Officer and Senior Vice President of Engineering at Webroot Software and Sophos. Prior to this Eschelbeck was Senior Vice President of Engineering for security products at Network Associates, Vice President of Engineering of anti-virus products at McAfee Associates, and Founder of IDS GmbH, a secure remote control company acquired by McAfee. He was named one of Info World's 25 Most Influential CTOs in 2003 and 2004, and received this honor a third time in 2006 as Webroot's Chief Technology Officer and Senior Vice President of Engineering. Eschelbeck holds a doctorate and master's degree in computer science from the University of Linz, Austria. He also serves as an Advisor at Respond Software.
Investing in Software (Web Marketplace Saas..) &b... Tokyo, U.S.A.
$4500000 (Early stage VC)
$1840000 (Seed Round)
$960000 (Seed Round)
Software (Web Marketplace Saas..) • IT (& TMT) • Media • Hardware (& Manufacturing) • Logistics (& Distribution) • Real Estate (& Construction)
VC and Entrepreneurship enthusiast especially in areas of Industrial-IoT. 5 years experience in buy-side M&A especially in public utility arena at Mitsubishi Corporation. 2 years of experience in a management role in a water operations company focusing on strategic pivoting and personnel management. US-born, fully bilingual in English and Japanese.
I only link with whom I ever met and/or worked. Consulting request should be sent to (my sirname)@gmail
Founder of @asiajin.com, English blog media on Japanese web/IT.
Linked In Description:
A professional blogger/entrepreneur with programming background.
As a blogger, writing Japanese tech blog for Cybozu Labs. The blog got an Alphablogger 2006 awards which is for A-list bloggers in Japan.
In 2007, started an English tech blog about Japanese Web/IT news, Asiajin with Shunichi Arai. Also write columns for Japan Times, a Japanese English paper, Yahoo! Japan News, etc.
- "PHP x Web Services API connections", Softbank Creative, 2006
- "Cho-kiwameru PHP", Shoeisha, 2006
- "Practical Web2.0", Impress, 2007
- "Marugoto PHP vol.2", Impress, 2007
- Yahoo! Japan Bylines
- Japan Times IT Column (English)
- Series column "Web Creator's tips", Japan Internet Com
- Series column "Alexa experts", Markezine, Shoeisha
- Series column "IT Labs in Japan", ITMedia
- Series column "Mashup and API latest news", Mashupedia, Vector
- and many tech/web-marketing columns on Nikkei IT Pro, Broadband Watch(Impress), PHP Pro (Asial), etc.
- Yahoo! Japan's Web API mashup awards #1, contest judge
- Sun Microsystems and Recruit's Mashup Awards 4, contest judge
As a programmer, he is good at release management, Java/PHP+Symfony, software Internationalization.
Weblog marketing and SEO in Japanese websphere. Alexa and other access traffic system consulting.